- Hawaii Wet Season 2016-2017 Outlook Issued
Issued: Oct 19, 2016 2:15 pm
- Intermittent Outages for Hawaii Kai NOAA Weather Radio Transmitter
Issued: Sep 30, 2016 12:35 pm
- Extended outage for Kohala weather radar
Issued: Jun 14, 2016 2:40 pm
- NOAA predicts near- or above-normal 2016 central Pacific hurricane season
Issued: May 27, 2016 11:37 am
- 2015-2016 Wet Season Summary and 2016 Dry Season Outlook Issued
Issued: May 26, 2016 8:49 am
- Hurricane Preparedness - Supplies
Issued: May 20, 2016 9:05 am
Are you prepared for a hurricane? You’ll need supplies not only for the duration of the storm but also for the potentially lengthy recovery period that could follow. Have enough non-perishable food, water and medicine to last each person in your family a minimum of one week. Electricity and water could be out for at least that long. You’ll need extra cash, a battery-powered radio and flashlights. You’ll also need a portable, crank or solar powered USB charger to charge your cell phone.
- This week is National Hurricane Preparedness Week! Are you ready?
Issued: May 20, 2016 8:04 am
Before Hurricane Season starts, it’s a good idea to become familiar with hurricanes/tropical storms. Throughout the week we will be posting about storms and how to prepare and keep you and your family safe in the event of a disaster.
Do you know the most common threats associated with a tropical storm or hurricane?
Storm Surge, Strong Winds, Torrential rains leading to Flooding, Tornadoes, and Rip Currents and Waves.
- Join the Weather Ready Nation - Become an Ambassador
Issued: May 16, 2016 9:03 am
- We apologize for the inconvenience as our web site under goes repairs.
Issued: May 05, 2016 2:05 pm
Issued: Apr 29, 2016 6:33 am
- Kauai radar outage extended until April 30th
Issued: Apr 20, 2016 12:14 pm
PUBLIC INFORMATION STATEMENT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1230 PM HST WED APR 20 2016
...KAUAI RADAR OUTAGE EXTENDED UNTIL APRIL 30TH...
THE KAUAI WSR-88D /PHKI OR SOK/ REMAINS OUT OF SERVICE AS THE
FACILITY IS BEING UPGRADED...WITH CRITICAL REPAIRS BEING MADE TO THE
TOWER SUPPORTING THE ANTENNA. THE UPDATED RETURN TO SERVICE DATE HAS
BEEN CHANGED...AND THE RADAR IS NOT EXPECTED TO BE FULLY OPERATIONAL
UNTIL APRIL 30TH. IN THE INTERIM...DATA MAY BE AVAILABLE FROM TIME
TO TIME...BUT BE AWARE THAT IT MAY BE UNRELIABLE UNTIL MAINTENANCE
IS COMPLETED ON THE 30TH.
- This is a test
Issued: Apr 08, 2016 12:52 pm
- Locally heavy rainfall and a few thunderstorms possible through tonight.
Issued: Mar 22, 2016 9:24 am