News from the Hawaiian Forecast Office
- Surf Observations and Hazard Information Now Available Via Phone
Issued: Mar 31, 2014 1:43 pm
- April is Tsunami Awareness Month in Hawai`i.
Issued: Mar 30, 2014 2:00 pm
- It's Tsunami Preparedness Week!
Issued: Mar 23, 2014 8:34 am
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Be an Example
Issued: Mar 07, 2014 12:00 am
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Stay Tuned In
Issued: Mar 06, 2014 12:00 am
- Tsunami Poster Contest Underway For K-12 Students in Hawaii
Issued: Mar 05, 2014 12:45 pm
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Make a Kit
Issued: Mar 05, 2014 12:00 am
- National Severe Weather Preparedness Week: Make a Plan
Issued: Mar 04, 2014 6:40 am
- Use of mixed case letters in some Tropical Cyclone message
Issued: Feb 28, 2014 7:00 am
- NWS Soliciting Comments on Removal of Some GFS Based Products
Issued: Feb 26, 2014 9:07 am
- Learn More About Wireless Emergency Alerts
Issued: Feb 11, 2014 9:10 am
- February 5 is National Weatherman's Day.
Issued: Feb 05, 2014 8:20 am
February 5th is National Weatherman's Day which commemorates the birth of John Jeffries in 1744. Jeffries, one of America's first weather observers, began taking daily weather observations in Boston, MA in 1774 and he took the first balloon observation in 1784. This is a day to recognize the men and women who collectively provide Americans with the best weather, water and climate forecasts and warnings services of any nation.
- Toll Free numbers to NWS Honolulu unavailable
Issued: Feb 03, 2014 3:34 am
Telephone company reports problems with the toll free numbers that are used to reach the NWS office. Return to service is estimated to be several hours. Maui county residents call access the automated weather information via the alternate long distance number at 808-944-3756.
- Bellows Weather Station Temporarily Inactivated
Issued: Jan 23, 2014 9:36 am
- NWS Honolulu Introduces Flood Safety Video. Check it out and share!
Issued: Jan 02, 2014 2:10 pm
- Weather Radios at Kokee (Kauai) and Hawaii Kai (Oahu) are out of service
Issued: Jan 02, 2014 1:51 pm
- Hawaii Kai NOAA Weather Radio Transmitter Out of Service Till Further Notice
Issued: Dec 18, 2013 1:24 pm
- Koke'e NOAA Wx. Radio Remains Under Maintenance
Issued: Dec 05, 2013 2:55 pm
- 2013 Central Pacific Hurricane Season Summary Available
Issued: Dec 02, 2013 5:00 pm
Preliminary summary of the 2013 hurricane season in the Central Pacific. Specific tropical cyclone summaries will soon be available at: www.weather.gov/cphc/summaries
- NWS Honolulu Recognizes Cooperative Observers at Special Ceremony
Issued: Nov 19, 2013 3:27 pm
- NWS Honolulu Produces Local Flood Safety Video! Check it out, and stay safe.
Issued: Nov 08, 2013 2:45 pm
- 2013/2014 Hawaii Wet Season Outlook Released
Issued: Nov 08, 2013 2:44 pm
- Heavy rainfall reports on Oahu and Kauai from Thursday night
Issued: Nov 08, 2013 7:00 am
- Learn More About Ocean Safety & Awareness. Watch our YouTube Video!
Issued: Oct 25, 2013 10:20 am
- It's Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii: Day Five - Cliff and Lava Bench Safety
Issued: Oct 25, 2013 12:00 am
- It's Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii: Day Four - Marine Life Safety
Issued: Oct 24, 2013 12:00 am
- It's Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii: Day Three - Snorkel, Paddle, and Swim Safety
Issued: Oct 23, 2013 12:00 am
- It's Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii: Day Two - Keiki Safety
Issued: Oct 22, 2013 12:00 am
- It's Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii: Day One - Hawaii's Two Seasons
Issued: Oct 21, 2013 12:00 am
- Gov. Abercrombie Proclaims October 21st - 25th Ocean Awareness Week in Hawaii
Issued: Oct 18, 2013 3:11 pm
Ocean Safety officials from around the state are partnering with the National Weather Service to promote ocean safety and awareness during the inaugural Hawaii Ocean Awareness Week.
- Hurricane Iniki: 21 Years Later
Issued: Sep 11, 2013 7:21 am
- NWS Honolulu Hosts Weather Spotter Trainings With Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam
Issued: Sep 03, 2013 12:32 pm
- Koke'e, Kauai NOAA Weather Radio Transmitter Undergoing Maintenance
Issued: Aug 19, 2013 10:58 am
The NOAA Weather Radio Transmitter (WWG74) will be undergoing maintenance between August 20th and 22nd. Periodic interruptions of programming will be possible during this time.
- Comment Period Open Through 7/31/2014 For Experimental National Marine Weather Portal
Issued: Aug 19, 2013 10:29 am
Thank you for reviewing the page. To submit feedback please go to: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/survey/web-survey.php?code=ENMWP or click on the Feedback link on the main portal page.
- Improvements Made to Big Island Weather Phone System
Issued: Aug 13, 2013 11:56 am
- Tropical Storm Flossie Review...Updated
Issued: Aug 05, 2013 3:07 pm
- Post Tropical Cyclone Report on Tropical Storm Flossie
Issued: Aug 03, 2013 9:38 am