News from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Intermittent NOAA Weather Radio Outages on Kauai
Issued: Nov 17, 2015 2:23 pm
- Hawaii Rainfall Web Story: January Average vs. January 1998 (strong El Nino)
Issued: Oct 20, 2015 12:52 pm
- 2015 - 2016 Hawaii Wet Season Outlook Issued
Issued: Oct 20, 2015 11:53 am
- Text/Graphics may be delayed/missing due to computer outages today, Wednesday, Sep. 9
Issued: Sep 09, 2015 9:38 am
We continue to work through issues relating to yesterday's computer system transfer, and some of our graphics and text products may not be updating on the website. We continue to work to restore full functionality and appreciate your patience.
- Interests in Hawaii should monitor the progress of Guillermo the next few days.
Issued: Aug 01, 2015 5:00 pm
- Weather Ready Nation: Technology Improvements
Issued: Jul 20, 2015 2:46 pm
- Extended Outage of the North Hawaii (Kohala) Weather Radar
Issued: Jul 15, 2015 3:46 pm
- Weekend Rainfall Totals through Noon Monday
Issued: Jul 13, 2015 12:47 pm
- Weather Ready Nation: Improving Communication
Issued: Jul 13, 2015 10:32 am
- What is WRN: Emphasizing Impact-Based Decision Support Services
Issued: Jul 01, 2015 12:07 pm
- Waimanalo recognized as a resilient weather ready community
Issued: Jun 25, 2015 9:01 am
- What is Weather Ready Nation?
Issued: Jun 23, 2015 6:29 am
- 2014-2015 Wet Season Rainfall Summary for Hawaii
Issued: May 26, 2015 3:19 pm
- NOAA Predicts an above-normal Central Pacific hurricane season
Issued: May 26, 2015 3:17 pm
- Hawaii Wet Season Summary Story Map - Updated with 2014-2015 Data
Issued: May 26, 2015 8:38 am
- NOAA Predicts an Above-Normal Central Pacific Hurricane Season for 2015
Issued: May 25, 2015 12:59 pm
For 2015, the outlook calls for a 70% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season, and a 5% chance of a below-normal season. We expect 5 to 8 tropical cyclones to affect the central Pacific this season. An average season has 4-5 tropical cyclones, which include tropical depressions, tropical storms, and hurricanes.
- Safe Boating Week - Hurricane Preparedness
Issued: May 22, 2015 9:00 am
- Safe Boating Week - Thunderstorm Safety
Issued: May 21, 2015 4:44 pm
- It's National Safe Boating Week through May 22nd!
Issued: May 21, 2015 7:46 am