News from the Central Pacific Hurricane Center
- Hawaii 2012-2013 Wet Season Summary
Issued: May 23, 2013 8:31 am
- NWS Central Pacific Hurricane Center Releases 2013 Hurricane Season Outlook
Issued: May 21, 2013 11:00 am
- It's National Safe Boating Week!
Issued: May 20, 2013 10:05 am
- Improved weather phone system available on Kauai
Issued: May 17, 2013 10:11 am
The NWS in Honolulu, in coordination with DCO Lihue, has implemented an improved weather phone system for residents and visitors of Kauai.
- Ewa Beach Recognized as StormReady & TsunamiReady
Issued: Apr 29, 2013 8:33 am
- NOAA Weather Radio Outage
Issued: Apr 15, 2013 2:46 pm
- April is Tsunami Awareness Month in Hawai`i.
Issued: Mar 30, 2013 2:00 pm
- NWS Honolulu Participates in "Discover Your Future in Aviation Day"
Issued: Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm
- Tsunami Poster Contest for Hawaii Students Underway Through 3/25/13
Issued: Mar 06, 2013 12:33 pm
- New NOAA's National Weather Service Director Selected
Issued: Feb 07, 2013 1:04 pm
- February 5 is National Weatherman's Day.
Issued: Feb 05, 2013 8:20 am
February 5th is National Weatherman's Day which commemorates the birth of John Jeffries in 1744. Jeffries, one of America's first weather observers, began taking daily weather observations in Boston, MA in 1774 and he took the first balloon observation in 1784. This is a day to recognize the men and women who collectively provide Americans with the best weather, water and climate forecasts and warnings services of any nation.
- Click Here To Learn More About Our Enhanced High Surf Information
Issued: Feb 04, 2013 12:05 pm
- Cold Front Brings Heavy Rainfall to the State
Issued: Jan 28, 2013 11:59 am
- High Surf Impact Statements Unveiled
Issued: Jan 04, 2013 8:50 am
- South Hawaii and Molokai RADARs to upgrade to Dual Polarization
Issued: Jan 03, 2013 1:54 am
The system upgrade of South Hawaii and Molokai RADARs to dual polarization to resume in late January 2013. South Hawaii is scheduled to be upgraded starting January 29. Molokai is scheduled to be upgraded starting February 11.
- 2012 Central Pacific Hurricane Season in Review
Issued: Dec 04, 2012 9:26 am
- Hau'ula (Oahu) Recognized as StormReady & TsunamiReady
Issued: Dec 03, 2012 12:03 pm
- NWS Observer Receives Prestigious Award
Issued: Nov 15, 2012 12:02 pm
- NWS email and SMS service through GovDelivery discontinued November 13, 2012
Issued: Nov 14, 2012 7:40 am
On November 13, 2012, the NWS contract with GovDelivery was terminated. This contract service email and SMS notification of select NWS products, including CPHC bulletins, via GovDelivery. <br /><br />It is our understanding that GovDelivery, Inc. intends to continue an equivalent service and enable additional subscriptions through their company website at: http://govdelivery.com/<br /> <br />GovDelivery intends to send current subscribers a message which will provide subscribers an opportunity to re-subscribe to the new service.
- Record dry October at several sites in the state.
Issued: Nov 02, 2012 2:59 pm
- Click Here to Learn How to Find Hazardous Weather Products On Our Website
Issued: Oct 29, 2012 2:23 pm
- 2012-2013 State of Hawaii Wet Season Outlook Screencast
Issued: Oct 15, 2012 10:31 am
- Looking for your forecast? Check out this video for some helpful tips.
Issued: Oct 12, 2012 7:45 am
- We need your feedback! Take our weather survey
Issued: Sep 27, 2012 12:10 pm
The NWS is undertaking its annual research to better serve your needs. Please take our survey at: <a href="http://svr.cfigroup.com/launch/NWS/">http://svy.cfigroup.com/launch/NWS/</a><br />The survey will take about 20 minutes to complete and need not be finished all at once. We also encourage you to take a moment and complete one or more of the additional sections focused on Hazardous Weather, Marine Weather, and Aviation Weather.
- Get Prepared For Tropical Cyclone Hazards!
Issued: Sep 18, 2012 1:05 pm
Have you ever wondered what hazards are produced by tropical cyclones? Check out this screencast discussing the tropical cyclone triple threat.
- Remembering Hurricane Iniki: Day Five
Issued: Sep 14, 2012 12:00 am
- Website outage early Monday morning September 17
Issued: Sep 13, 2012 11:13 pm
During the early hours of Monday September 17, the web server that houses the WFO Honolulu and CPHC websites will be undergoing required maintenance to improve stability. The maintenance is expected to start at 1 am HST, and the duration is currently unknown. Outages are possible during the maintenance period.
- Remembering Hurricane Iniki: Day Four
Issued: Sep 13, 2012 12:00 am
- Remembering Hurricane Iniki: Day Three
Issued: Sep 12, 2012 12:00 am
- Remembering Hurricane Iniki: Day Two
Issued: Sep 11, 2012 12:00 am
- Remembering Hurricane Iniki: Day One
Issued: Sep 10, 2012 6:57 am