- 2012 Hurricane Awareness Week information from CPHC
- Hurricanes - A Dangerous Triple Threat
- Get Ready for Hurricane Season
- Actions to take when a Hurricane Nears Hawaii
- NWS Hurricane Awareness
- NOAA Hurricane Awareness
- Tropical Cyclones *.pdf format
- Weather School
- Tropical cyclone names for the Pacific
Worldwide Storm Names available at the National Hurricane Center.
- NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center
- Hurricane Hunters
Hurricane Workshop Presentations
|A Hurricane Preparedness Tip from CPHC:|
During a hurricane or tropical storm event, if you live inland away from the beach, and away from low-lying areas, and your home is well constructed, stay at home.
Once a hurricane or tropical storm arrives in your area, remain indoors in an interior room. Blowing debris can be deadly. Travel should be avoided. Plan now and have a disaster supply kit on hand.