- Hurricane Awareness Week Information from CPHC
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Information
- FEMA Hurricane Preparedness
- Hawaii State Civil Defense Preparedness Kit
- Hurricane Evacuation Shelters *.pdf format
- University of Hawaii Sea Grant College's Hurrican Preparedness Guide *.pdf format
- Actions to take when a Hurricane Nears Hawaii
- NWS Hurricane Awareness
- NOAA Hurricane Awareness
- NWS Tropical Cyclone Pamplet *.pdf format
- Tropical Cyclone Educational Guide
- Tropical Cyclone Names
- NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center
- Hurricane Hunters
Hurricane Workshop Presentations
|A Hurricane Preparedness Tip from CPHC:|
Develop a family disaster preparedness plan now.
Determine evacuation routes from your home and places to meet. Determine the location of official shelters. Have an out of state contact, so all your family members have a single point of contact.
Make a plan for what to do with your pets if you need to evacuate. Check your insurance coverage; flood damage is not usually covered by homeowners insurance.