- Hurricane Awareness Week Information from CPHC
- Red Cross Hurricane Safety Information
- FEMA Hurricane Preparedness
- Hawaii State Civil Defense Preparedness Kit
- Hurricane Evacuation Shelters *.pdf format
- University of Hawaii Sea Grant College's Hurrican Preparedness Guide *.pdf format
- Actions to take when a Hurricane Nears Hawaii
- NWS Hurricane Awareness
- NOAA Hurricane Awareness
- NWS Tropical Cyclone Pamplet *.pdf format
- Tropical Cyclone Educational Guide
- Tropical Cyclone Names
- NOAA's Aircraft Operations Center
- Hurricane Hunters
Hurricane Workshop Presentations
- 2011 CPHC Press Conference Briefing
- 2012 CPHC Press Conference Briefing
- 2013 CPHC Press Conference Briefing
|A Hurricane Preparedness Tip from CPHC:|
When a hurricane threatens, monitor your radio or television for the latest National Weather Service advisories, as well as any special instructions from Civil Defense.
Hurricanes can cause power failures and cut off, or contaminate water supplies. Store a 7 day supply of water you can use for drinking, cooking, and bathing. Check battery powered equipment such as radios and flashlights.
Keep 7 days worth of non-perishable foods on hand and 2 weeks worth of special medication. Remember, stores and pharmacies may not be open during an emergency, when you need supplies.