Issued: Jul 28, 2014 2:00 pm HST
TROPICAL WEATHER OUTLOOK...CORRECTED
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
200 PM HST MON JUL 28 2014
For the central north Pacific, between 140°W and 180.
1. The weak remnant low of former tropical depression Genevieve is currently located about 670 miles southeast of Hilo, Hawaii. Environmental conditions may be somewhat conducive for redevelopment of this system as it continues to move west near 10 mph during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours, medium, 30 percent.
2. A weak low pressure area about 800 miles south southwest of the Big Island of Hawaii. Environmental conditions may be slightly conducive for development during the next couple of days.
* Formation chance through 48 hours, low, 20 percent.
3. An area of low pressure located about 1200 miles east-southeast of the Big Island of Hawaii is moving westward at about 10 mph. The associated shower activity is diminishing, and development of this system is not expected due to unfavorable environmental conditions and its proximity to a larger area of disturbed weather associated with remnants of Genevieve.* Formation chance through 48 hours, low, near 0 percent.
Elsewhere, no tropical cyclones are expected through Wednesday afternoon.
Comments about this graphic/product? Please send us an email.